Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Gwen Blackburn speaks



7:00 pm  I was the president when we planned to change the charter 3 decades ago.
At the time I didn't know anything about the charter.  But those who were members of Plan E, we got 9,000 signatures ...we ended up what we have today.

We wanted a charter review every 5 years three decades ago; three decades ago, we are here.

Gwen: It needs to happen; a good friend of mine, Mr. Scarpelli, when he was in the school department.  The Collins Commission.  I know that (30 years ago) we needed help.

I can't tell you how many meetings took place night after night.

I don't even understand what you are talking about now, I'm trhying

There's a lot to reviewing the charter and changing the charter.

My brother is the Chancellor so I can find out if I wanted to.

It's got to be, and should have been reviewed long ago.  I like what is happening,
I think people have to be prepared it's going to take a lot of work to get through

7:03 pm  this is a different process than what you have in mind, I can agree with.
I'm around, I'll be watching, I'll be listening, I'll be here.

Gwen Gets Applause

Henry speaks 7:04   This week, last week, same echo,
the point and that I'm so happy that
talk about what is a home rule petition

The real question for the council tonight...is whether or not the way the first sentence of this resolution stated, we will pass ...most of you know this is a Federal ballot,

THe real question is, Mr. President, whether or not we can do it. Once we have a draft, then we can talk about ...we don't even have step 1...

My granddaughter said they were fighting, not debating.

Mr. President I respectfully ask you to read it again. I'm not here to teach you English, it's my second language. It's to get a Homerule Petition to streamline the amount of work we do.



Pageviews today
0
Pageviews yesterday
1,205
Pageviews last month
29,541
Pageviews all time history
627,258