Tuesday, February 23, 2016

LIVE COUNCILOR MARKS SPEAK




6:34 Councilor Marks

I'll state it again this week, this is only an initial draft to get the conversation started, by no means is this the final paper.

Last week people said(5 Amendments to the City Charter) as I said last week, it was only to get the ball rolling.

If we can focus on the restrictions discussed last week, and removing them, and also the periodic review, and residents who contacted me last week, leaving a periodic review, doesn't accomplish the goal of the review of the charter annual, bi-annual, every 5 years.


Those 2 issues, periodic review, assign a number or remove the # all together so that this elected body...

the removal of the 5 amendment restrictions, and maybe other issues...those from my notes last week seem to be the major sticking points.  By no means do I want to restrict, I would offer that Mr. President for dialogue and discussion

Move for Approval.

6:37 PM Breanna Lungo Koehn -  what would be reasoning for a restriction.

What was thrown around in that meeting ...reasoning for even putting restrictions on.

6:38 pm  Michael Marks - the reasoning was that 40-50 amendments be put on the ballot and that was one consideration we had, it could be too confusing. We wanted to try to control the number of ballots, however, I'm open to any discussion, I do agree with people who spoke last week that they would support no restriction at all.