Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Medford Mileage in Yards...

451,070 @ 11:15 pm 
451,053 @ 10:48 pm 25 in 14 minutes
451,028 @ 10:34 pm   53 views in 34 minutes
450,975 all-time page views, 10 pm
128 page views from 8 PM - 10 PM
120 minutes, 128 hits


C L A R I F I C A T I O N
OK, my friend Clara didn't think it was funny to morph her name into the word and demanded I spell it correctly.  She used to co-host Visual Radio with me in Woburn and in Medford on Canal Street way, way back in the day (under her stage name) 
...i thought CLARAfication was clever but some people can't take a joke.
                      Good to know you are reading, though.  
You ain't the only one!!! 
Hits are through the roof this election cycle.
______________________________________________________________________

CITY COUNCIL CANDIDATE
MICHAEL C. RUGGIERO
TRESPASSED AT THE RESIDENCE
OF A SENIOR CITIZEN WHO HAS A
PRIVATE PROPERTY SIGN
CLEARLY POSTED 

THERE ARE WITNESSES WHO CLAIM
RUGGIERO WENT TO 
22 ALLSTON ST
WITH A CLEARLY POSTED
'NO SOLICITING' SIGN
ABOVE THE MAILBOXES WHERE
PEOPLE ARE 'BUZZED IN."

THE ALLEGED TRESPASSING
IS NOT FAIR...AND, IF TRUE, 
IT MEANS SOMEONE WHO WANTS
US
TO PAY 
HIM
THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS PER YEAR
IS BREAKING THE RULES
BEFORE HE EVEN GETS IN OFFICE

WHICH NOW LOOKS LIKE A 
VERY LONG SHOT
AS 
RUGGIERO TURNED VOTERS OFF!
________________________

HOW DARE RUGGIERO THINK
HE CAN JUST BREAK RULES,
LIKE A NO TRESPASSING SIGN
TO ALLEGEDLY PEER INTO THE 
WINDOWS
OF A SENIOR CITIZEN?
____________________________
THEN, CREEPY MIKE RUGGIERO
POSTED VULGAR THINGS ON 
THE SAME SENIOR CITIZEN'S
FACEBOOK PAGE,
HARASSING TONS OF PEOPLE
IN A SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED WAY.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE:

"I didn't know you live here"
Ruggiero said, acting surprised,
When Ruggiero lives a dozen or so
streets away, and hears my name and address
every week at the city council when it is
in session.
______________________________
file under: feigning ignorance
______________________________ 
WITH ALL HIS KNOCKING ON DOORS
AND PESTERING PEOPLE,
RUGGIERO WAS IN THE MINORITY
OF CANDIDATES,
IN THE BOTTOM FIVE
OUT OF SIXTEEN CANDIDATES,
AS FAR AS VOTERS WERE CONCERNED
 __________________________
VOTERS
THE REAL PEOPLE WHO MATTER
______________________________

ELEVEN CANDIDATES GOT OVER
1,000 VOTES
WHILE RUGGIERO FELL ON HIS
FACE

EVEN WITH THE BOGUS 'ENDORSEMENT' OF
THE EMBATTLED CHIEF OF POLICE
_________________________________

THERE ARE THOUSAND OF HOMES
RUGGIERO HAS NOT
PESTERED YET.

LET'S HOPE THE JERK STAYS
FAR AWAY FROM SALEM STREET
_________________________________ 

no trespassing
private property
means just that, Ruggiero...

Do NOT pester me again.
_______________________________



Have you ever wondered how far you walk in a day?

Google Maps says Nappi Meats is .02 miles
from my home.  Now Nappi is where the Mayor and some elected officials like to go for a taste of Italy right here in Medford.

It's about 35 yards from my door to Nappi, and since I get my newspaper almost daily at the variety store in the same block as Nappi Restaurant,  370 Salem Street, I guess I'm walking further than I thought in ADDITION to the running I do at the gym.
________________________

That means Salem Street is within
100 yards of my home. 


It's fascinating.  

And that 100 yards goes in all directions, to the home of close friends of mine around the corner in one direction, OR - in another direction, past Tony's gas en route to my pals at Eddy's Pizza.  

It's a very, very wide area, for sure. "Love Lines Angles and Rhymes" - well, lots of angles, all due respect to the Fifth Dimension
________________________________

With digital home protection security today you could make an Andy Warhol-styled documentary on all the cars driving by right from a living room window.   Frankly, it's a great idea and something I might edit for our all-new Channel 3, I'll be the "Harvey Leonard" of "traffic weather" - how the cars are in a colorful fashion much like how Ron Howard might direct on a shoe-string budget.  

Not to be redundant but, quite frankly again, Harvey Leonard and Ron Howard would be the ultimate odd couple, wouldn't they?
____________________________

I have witnessed so many things on Salem Street - from Republic Parking driving its van-car-thing on the sidewalk at Tony's Gas to unfortunate car collisions and even a disgraced reprobate president of a failed 501c3 walking his dog.  But we'll shift gears before this article actually goes to the dogs.
Woof Woof.
Photo (C)June 12, 2015 All Rights Reserved

In fact, I have spoken at the city council about the speedsters on Salem Street and, of all people, Frederick N. "Fast Buck Freddie" Dello Russo, Jr. nodded in approval when I noted to the council about the ridiculous speedsters flying off of Route 93 to get to Malden and Revere and Route 1.  It's outrageous.

Sign on my garage door ignored by "candidate" Michael C. Ruggiero
who was on my front steps without permission.  Allegedly the Housing Authority has the same problem with Ruggiero bullying his way to places where he is not wanted and does not belong

Guess I have to get a brand new sign; one without the faded colors!
_________________________________________________________

Along with the safety issue of protecting one's turf, it's actually intellectually stimulating to read how many yards it is to many stops we make in a day, on foot.

It's enlightening...and you'll find out that you do a lot more walking than you think. 

As a hobby, I intend to see how far 100 yards is when I am at cable tv stations,
Somerville, Malden, Cambridge, Boston,
Reading, Burlington, Wakefield, Woburn, Stoneham...just to know how far a senior citizen has to walk from his car to the station entrance.

Public Safety First. 

Let's hope candidate Ruggiero isn't peering through windows at any of those places when I am present working hard documenting life.



In 2013 I coined a phrase that candidate Jeanne Martin utilized "Public Safety First."  It's a perennial, a phrase I intend to make a significant part of our new access TV station in Medford, and its philosophy.

Mission Statement. Coming soon.

PUBLIC SAFETY FIRST

We have a right to privacy, and we have a right to free expression.