Friday, March 3, 2017

SUPERVISOR OF RECORDS - HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH MEDFORD DOCUMENTS

930,243 @ 10:41 am 



Tell your friends to link to the only real public access in Medford
Medford Information Central Dot Com
http://MedfordInformationCentral.com
or Medford Info Central.com  http://medfordinfocentral.com 
Public Records Division
SUPERVISOR OF RECORDS
Secretary of the Commonwealth
617 727 2832

APPEAL!

Dear Public Records Division:

On or about 1:17 pm on Monday, February 28, 2017, I had a good conversation with Assistant City Solicitor of Medford, Kim Scanlon regarding the documents she sent to me - materials noting the monies paid by cable TV subscribers to Comcast and Verizon which are then sent back to city hall, specifically, the franchise fee(s) on cable bills.

Though I have a good relationship with Attorney Scanlon and Budget Procurement Officer Shab Khan (who is off until March 13th on vacation) what concerns me is that - currently - there is no breakdown on these documents - and - if you read the documents - remarkably - City Hall claims it is no in possession of documents which will identify this very important aspect of the public records request.  The evidence I bring to the attention of the Public Records Division indicates that Medford is not compliant with these requests, and it is intentional.  Looking for the Comcast contract was like being on an Easter egg hunt.  Note the public records request which denied me the document, and the highly deficient "City Clerk Ed Finn" who couldn't find the package shipped via UPS until...oh, look at this, here it is.

Wow, a TEN YEAR deal with a major corporation via UPS, not with the US Mail, and an intentionally negligent city clerk who allegedly (my opinion, no doubt in my mind) plays hide-and-go-seek with public documents that will take millions and millions of dollars from the residents.

Again - as so many times before - I feel the incomplete records are (allegedly) the intentional zig-zagging by City Solicitor Rumley and Mayor Stephanie Muccini-Burke to keep the public in the dark. 
I will set up a meeting with Aleesha Nunley (cc:d above) and will note the vicious retaliation I faced with false charges in Cambridge District Court when I requested information on bomb-sniffing dogs at the high school and allegations of a varsity coach having inappropriate relations with a powerful politician's daughter.  The phony criminal case was a vulgar and criminal attempt by city hall to silence a critic who is "snooping around" as far as they are concerned.  And you KNOW why city hall has so much anxiety ...clearly, there's something there.  Which is why the public records law, in my opinion, is something Medford City Hall ignores as much as they THINK they possibly can, and they ignore it with impunity.  And they break the law by filing false charges on people who are civil and who do things in the appropriate manner.

I am soon discussing with the MCAD a case against Medford for retaliation for my filing a public records request. The timeline is chilling.

Please see that Medford CIty Hall responds in a civil way, efficiently, quickly, and with the documents they claim they don't have.


Joe Viglione 


cc: Aleesha Nunley, Finance Director/Auditor ANunley@medford-ma.gov. Address: Medford City Hall - Room 105 85 George P. Hassett Drive Medford, MA 02155.


EXHIBIT A

From: Anne baker <abaker@medford.org>
To: 'Joseph Viglione' <joeviglione@yahoo.com> 
Cc: Mark Rumley <markrumley@medford.org>; Stephanie M Burke <sburke@medford.org> 
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:44 AM
Subject: RE: Public Records Request - Medford 


Mr Viglione,
I am rsponding to your public records request.
 I am in receipt of a report prepared for you by Ms Burke, Budget Director. I have verified that the cash receipts tallied on that report agree to my postings in the General Ledger of the city. The exceptions are the receipts remitted directly to "TV3". There were no records of those payments on the General Ledger of the city. I am in receipt of the amounts labeled "NEW A/C-City".
    I have not received or reviewed any reports between the Mayor and any committees of the City relating to this matter; nor have I received any resolutions of the City council
related to the specific items in your request. 
    I hope I have provide the verification you are seeking.


EXHIBIT B

LETTERS FROM ANN BAKER AND  ANN GIOMBETTI
Sep 7, 2012
Mr, Viglione,
 I believe Mr Rumley responded to you for questions #1 & #2.
In response to #4:
    the salaries of Allison Goldsberry, John Demsey, and Lisa Dunphy were charged in Fy12, and will be charged again in FY13. This info was provided by Ann Giombetti , School finance director.
Ann baker

Date: Friday, April 5, 2013, 4:47 PM
Joe: here are the responses to your public records request:2010         2011      2012       2013John Dempsey         $64,893        $66,801      $68,786    $71,498
6 Charles St
Lexington, Ma 02421Lisa Dunphy          $69,677        $71,738     $73,861     $76,775
200 park terrace #225
Stoneham Ma 02180Allison Goldsberry    $40,409       $40,409     $41,621      $41,621
Dudley St
Medford, ma 02155I have no record of invoices to students or parents for video services.The MHS AV Club raises funds by videotapin school events such as concerts and provides them to the public for a five dollar donation All proceed go to the student activity fund for the benefit of the students.There is no contract nor has there been a contract between the schools and JD Video that I have found or am aware of for any services or products.There are no commissions for equipment rental that I have knowledge of.If you give me a fax number I will send you a list of purchased equipment supplies.I trust this complies with your request for information.  Roy Belson, Superintendent

Exhibit C

11-21-14

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your reply.  As I also titled the letter to Keeper of the Records, please forward it to any entity at City Hall - if not you - who may be in touch
with Comcast regarding the contract renewal.

As I stated at the City Council, the window is closing ...April 20th being the date, and sometimes these contracts with Tim Kelley and or Nick Leuci or others at Comcast are initiated well in advance.

My concern, of course, is P/E/G access and having a functional station in Medford.  Then, preserving access in Medford.

Thank you

Joe Viglione


From: Mark Rumley <markrumley@youthinkIwanttogiveyouinformation.org>
To: Joseph Viglione <joeviglione@courageoussoldier.com
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2014 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: 2nd request / att: City Solicitor - 11/7/14 Public Records Request

Dear Joe:

I was copied on Stephanie Burke’s response to your request. 

I do not have any documents between Comcast and the City. Nor do I have any records dealing with the costs of Reverse 911.

As to your question about reaching out to Peter Epstein or City Hall, I suggest that- for purposes of public records requests- you continue to make your requests to the various municipal departments. My reason for saying this is that only governmental entities are subject to the public records law.

Very truly yours,

Mark Rumley


On 11/21/14 11:27 AM, "Joseph Viglione" <joeviglione@MayorJoeV.com


Dear Solicitor Rumley,

I did not receive the documents for this request
dated 11/7/14, 14 days ago
1)Any correspondence between City Hall and Comcast in regards to the upcoming renewal of the license/contract between the City of Medford and Comcast
The Budget Director, Mrs. Muccini-Burke, did give me the 2nd part of the request, the information on reverse notification. I was able to personally thank her at the Council meeting of 11/18.

Please let me know if you have the documents I have requested at your earliest convenience. It is my understanding that the negotiation process begins six months prior to the April 20th date on the Comcast agreement.

Should I reach out to Attorney Peter Epstein for these documents or is City Hall the appropriate place?

Thank you

Joe Viglione

Keeper of the Records
City Solicitor
Budget Director
Medford City Hall
85 Geo P. Hassett Drive
Medford, MA 02155

Re: Massachusetts Public Records Request
 
 Dear Keeper of the Records and/or Budget Director, City Solicitor:


This is a request under the Massachusetts Public Records Law (M. G. L. Chapter 66, Section 10).  I am requesting that I be provided a copy of the following records:
 
1)Any correspondence between City Hall and Comcast in regards to the upcoming renewal of the license/contract between the City of Medford and Comcast

2)documents detailing the costs of Reverse 911 for the years 2013 and 2014 and the documents detailing which entities get paid for this service - be it Comcast, Verizon, AT & T or another entity 

I recognize that you may charge reasonable costs for copies, as well as for personnel time needed to comply with this request.  If you expect costs to exceed $10.00, please provide a detailed fee estimate.  I would be happy to inspect these documents at your office, if necessary to keep the costs down.

 
The Public Records Law requires you to provide me with a written response within 10 calendar days.  If you cannot comply with my request, you are statutorily required to provide an explanation in writing.
 


Sincerely,

Joseph Viglione