Thursday, July 27, 2017

Are Belson, Muccini-Burke, Van der Kloot and Riccio even CERTIFIED to hold Open Meetings?

Are Belson, Muccini-Burke, Van der Kloot and Riccio certified vis-a-vis Open Meeting Law? July 27, 2017 11:10 am

Alicia Palmer
Public Records Access Officer
Medford Public Schools
489 Winthrop Street
Medford, MA 02155

781-393-2200
mpspublicrecords@medford.k12.ma.us

Atty Kim Scanlon, Public Records Officer
Medford City Hall
85 George P. Hassett Drive
Medford, MA 02155

RE: Public Records Request

Dear Alicia Palmer (courtesy copy to Atty Scanlon):

Given the fact that Council President Richard F. Caraviello failed to have a signed certificate regarding the open meeting law, as required, and only signed one ten days after my public records request, the public has a right to know if the mayor, the school superintendent and Ms. Riccio are or are not in compliance - especially in light of the fact that the school superintendent failed to alert the public to board meetings of what he now calls a "Chapter 74" board that even members of the school committee and city council were unaware of.

With the two petitions from many parents to remove Roy Belson ignored by the school committee, and the fact that secret board meetings were held (Mr. Belson could have alerted me to them when he met with me in November of 2016 at the access station - especially since it was Joe Viglione, Doreen Wade and Robert M. Penta who saved the city 600k plus by alerting the city to the wrongful conduct of Medford Community Cablevision, Inc, directly resulting in the termination of the contract MCC held with the city,) it is clear that public records request after public records request has to be filed to scrutinize what should be transparent meetings that Belson and Burke INTENTIONALLY and MALICIOUSLY hold from the public's view. This is quite sad given that we have no access station, yet the students and the city council are using it when they have their own monies for their own station. I have been fighting this fight in Medford since 2002, having met with City Solicitor Rumley and former diversity director Diane McLeod early in 2003. My heart is in the right place. A mayor who is such a coward using the access facility in an inappropriate manner to DENY the public their voice is immoral and a violation of her obligations as "issuing authority." This established writer first hosted an access TV show in 1979 and no matter how many rocks Mark Rumley throws at me, I will continue to fight for the rights of every citizen in Medford, no matter how hard Mr. Belson and Mrs. Burke push back with their slander, libel and harassment. Mr. Belson called me "Mr. Piglione," pure libel. Mrs. Burke slandered me at La Cascia's bakery, in front of witnesses, calling my blog "vulgar" when her husband interfered in my October 2015 taping at the Chevalier by calling me an obscenity in front of dozens of people, including seniors. I want this on the public record since these requests ARE public record. The hypocrisy is chilling, Ms. Palmer. I am not blaming you, I am putting the blame where it belongs: on Belson, Van der Kloot, Muccini-Burke, Mr. Rumley and their cabal.

Thank you.

Every day Mayor Burke cheats us out of our access TV is another piece of evidence a good lawyer can use to put an injunction on the election, or the access TV station to stop the students and council from using it. If Mrs. Burke thinks I'm bluffing she is misguided: every week I am in touch with name lawyers in regards to my civil rights action against the city of Medford for the false charges they filed on me. So help me God. If Mr. Rumley doesn't believe it, my main lawyer can verify that I am moving forward with the case with a new attorney who handles civil rights. I will be asking the new attorney to file an injunction and put a stop to the abuse of the access TV station, SO HELP ME GOD.

Here's the request. Thank you for your professionalism.

This is a request for public records pursuant to G.L. c. 66 § 10. Please supply copies or make available for inspection public records containing the following information:


1)the certificate of receipt of open meeting law materials signed by City Council President Roy E. Belson

2)the certificate of receipt of open meeting law materials signed by Mayor Stephanie Muccini-Burke (as chair person of the school committee the mayor is required to sign this document, I believe)

3)the certificate of receipt of open meeting law materials signed by Heidi Riccio

4)the certificate of receipt of open meeting law materials signed by Paulette Van der Kloot

See attached for example of certificate

Please let me know if the scope of this request is not clear. This request is made by a legitimate member of the news media and I ask that you waive any fees that might otherwise be required.

In the event that you fail to comply with this request in the time provided by law, I intend to pursue my administrative and legal remedies. Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this request.


Thank you for your assistance.


Yours truly,

Joseph Viglione