Friday, December 25, 2015

Woman Marvels how she moves from Cambridge to here and her vote "works right away." So Smug and so Disingenuous

566,068






RACHEL TANENHAUS Funny thing, when I "transplanted" here (from Cambridge) my vote counted right away. Amazing how that works.
Jean Nuzzo:
Rachel, please don't put words in my mouth or twist what I say. I pointed out 2 things- first, if you wanted to live in Cambridge, then you should have stayed there rather than coming to Medford and looking to turn it into an extension of Cambridge. Second, longtime residents (and I am referencing a number of folks that I KNOW personally) need to mobilize so our position is heard and counted. To my mind if anything the need to mobilize is clear acknowledgement that every vote counts.
Joe Viglione on Facebook: 
Muccini-Burke had no shot at all if McGlynn didn't pull the strings, Rachel. Funny how that works. 
Your "vote" counted right away because McGlynn did polling and stuffed the ballot box with just enough to push Question 1, Rick Caraviello, Dello Russo, Adam Knight and other things he needed into city government. 
The people did not speak. Further information, people: I'm on a radio board in Somerville with Rachel and Rachel is also the chair of the Commission for Persons with Disabilities. 
In Somerville we actually get things done; in Medford Diane McLeod - who runs the disability commission, told me that they are only an "information" source - that they won't file claims on behalf of the disabled. It is a useless commission in my eyes (sorry Rachel, but that's a fact - and I've been here a lot longer than you) - the commission doesn't help anyone. 
Sometimes Chief Sacco and Diane McLeod will protest the hate from the N.E. Baptist Church, ho hum, as if that 
a)does any good and 
b)is really worthy of their time. 
McGlynn let all those commissions (Chevalier, Disabilities, etc) stay dormant and filled them up with ONLY people who would vote  McGlynn's way (read: Stephanie Muccini-Burke.)
Yes, Rachel, funny thing that your vote counted right away and Medford residents had to see a popular Bob Penta get harassed by Burke and Jeanette Spalding, when you were right there when Jeanette was disrespectful and rude. 
To your credit you told her to knock it off and she wouldn't. 
So the mud-flinging went beyond just the Disability commission, Margaret Weigel also chimed in with negativity. 
Funny how that works, we saw "exclusive clubs" from commissions that the mayor ignores. 
It was disgusting to see it play out. Funny how that works, Rachel, McGlynn has these commissions and doesn't listen to them. 
The Parking commission - he ignored them totally; the tribunal for public access - he ignored them totally and held access TV back. from the residents. 
Funny how that works indeed, Rachel. You are on a commission, your vote "counted" because an election was hijacked by a desperate mayor who has done a lot of ugly things at Medford Housing, access tv, Medford High School (Heidi Riccio at Vocational/Tech was picked up when she was thrown out of another school,) Jenna Tarabelsi (Arlington Catholic didn't seem to want her, allegedly for the same reason she had to flee to Italy to avoid prosecution,) and so many things Roy Belson hides. 
This city is in a shambles and if people offer facts we get rocks thrown at us and worse. Just to set the record straight. 
Funny how that works, Rachel, you get appointed to a commission and - like all of the people appointed (Camuso's wife at Hormel etc. etc.) all appointed in time to vote for Stephanie with an "outgoing" mayor controlling the puppet strings to hijack the election from the people and stack the deck at the city council. 
Merry Christmas, just not to Medford from that outgoing, untrustworthy ex mayor..

_________________________________

Okay, so you've implied several times that I was appointed to the Disability Commission solely because of how I was going to vote. I can only infer that you feel I would not otherwise have been appointed or even qualified. (No one appointing me asked how I was voting, btw, and I'd have told them to go to hell if they had). 

RACHEL:
Okay, so you've implied several times that I was appointed to the Disability Commission solely because of how I was going to vote. I can only infer that you feel I would not otherwise have been appointed or even qualified. (No one appointing me asked how I was voting, btw, and I'd have told them to go to hell if they had). Is that what you're saying, Joe?

 
 
 
The boards do not matter, Rachel. These commissions, they ignore them. No qualifications are necessary with McGlynn, the disability commission never helped me in the way that it should have. Diane gave me "advice" to go to the MCAD - same advice MCAD gave me. So what's the point? McGlynn does listen to ONE commission, the Bike commission. Because it makes him look good. Parking Commission, Chevalier Commission, Hormel Commission. all do what McGlynn has said, and now Mrs. Burke. I've studied this city more than most and have watched council meetings more than most and participated more than most. That is not in dispute. Our city was hijacked by a Mayor whose father set the table for him when I was age one, six decades ago. It is reprehensible and you should be up in arms that they appoint you and nothing substantial gets done. Ever.
 
 
 Revised:
You may have qualifications, but tell me how they have made a difference? McGlynn wants your vote, that's it. Just ask the Parking commission. As you've seen my letters to Diane McLeod, the behavior of one person on the commission is not helpful to this city. Some people use it is an ego booster (Dr. Wood unhappy he wasn't appointed) other people, like at Hormel, I believe actually get paid. If Hormel Commissioners get paid and you don't, do you think that is fair?